Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gingerbread Mensch

I goofed off a lot in my high school German class and found myself in a bit of trouble my Junior year. Cutting class to dress like a pirate and go sailing down the Nooksack River was fun, but I paid for it. To make up for skipping, we were allowed to do a number of things, but taking in to consideration my great talent for eating, I thought I'd take a stab at baking. A friend and I researched various German deserts and fall/ winter-themed delicacies (sweets, naturally) and stumbled upon Lebkuchen- which literally translates to "living cookies." They're gingerbread-esque snacks that one can whip-up in a snap, and though they're not the healthiest holiday food, your taste-buds will thank you. Here's a site happy recipe that I used years ago. Surprisingly it still exists.


I know it may be a bit early for holiday-themed foods, but if you get as excited about these things as I do, then methinks you'll appreciate the cookies. Have a lovely thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment